1. Study the photograph provided below and answer the questions which follow
(a) Draw a landscape sketch of the area shown in the photograph and o it, mark and label:
(i) relief features
(b)Describe the relationship between relief and landuse in the area shown in the photograph.
(c) Explain the problems faced by the people living in the area shown in the photograph
(d)Giving reasons for your answer, suggest one area in East Africa where this photograph could have ben taken.
2. Account for the occurrence of large-scale masswasting in the highlighland areas of East Africa
3. (a)Distinguish between Equatorial and semi-desert climates
(b)Describe the factors which led to the occurrence of semi-desert climate in East Africa
4. (a)Distinguish between lateral and vertical earth movements
(b)Examine the relevance of the platetectonic theory in the understanding of the present day distribution of oceans and landmasses
5. (a)What is meant by river capture?
(b)With reference to specific examples explain the conditions which have led to river capture
6. With reference to specific examples from East Africa, describe the landforms produced by wave deposition.
7. (a)What Is meant by an air mass?
(b)Describe the weather conditions associated with the meeting of air masses over the East African region.
8. (a)Account for the destruction of natural vegetation in East Africa
(b)What measures are being taken to ensure sustainable use of netural vegetation in East Africa?
To what extent has relief influenced soil profile development in East Africa?