1. The person receiving the letter will pay to the post office if the mail is
2. What type of paper is most appropriate for making carbon copies on typewriters?
A. Bank paper.
B. Bond paper.
C. Ruled paper.
D. flimsy paper.
3. Unwanted documents in offices are best destroyed using the
4. The biography of the former Member of Parliament can be obtained from
A. who's who
B. The Hansard
C. The Law list.
5. Which one of the following equipment is used in handling incoming mail?
6. The following are reasons for dishonoring a cheque except a
A. stopped cheque
B. Crossed cheque.
C. defaced cheque
D. stale cheque.
7. A person who transcribes direct from a machine notes is called
A. a stenographer.
B. a copy-typist.
C. an audio-typist.
D. a steno-typist.
8. Which department would a person applying for a post of cashier be referred to ?
A. Salaries and wages
9. What filing system is most commonly used by law firms?
10. Travelers cheques are bought from
A. central bank
B. commercial banks.
C. Forex Bureaux.
D. Tour operators.
SECTION A II
11. Three main reasons for carrying out interviews are
12. Name three mail services offered by Uganda Posts Ltd.
13. Identify three points to be considered when making a telephone call to a firm.
14. State any three important items that are found at the front desk office (receptionist area)
15. Information about further education for an office staff can be obtained from
16. Write one word that stands for each of the following statements as used in a meeting.
(i) A list of items to be discussed
(ii) Record of processing
(iii) Discontinue a meeting for another time
17. State three methods of determining wages in an organization
18. Name three parties to a cheque.
19. Give three advantages of computers in an office.
20. State three ways by which mail can be received from the Post Office.
21. (a) Explain the following as used in filing
(iii) Chorological filing
(iv) A punch
(v) Pigeon hole.
(b) Outline any five factors that affect the choice of a filing system.
22. (a) write three advantages and two disadvantages of each of the following ;
(b) State any five factors to be kept in mind when choosing a system of communication.
23. (a) Explain three uses of each of the following business documents.
(b) Give any three roles played by each of the following office personnel:
(i) Company Secretary,
(ii) Production Manager.
24. (a) Name any three reference books that are essential to a typist in an office.
(b) Give any two uses of each of the named reference books in (a) above.
(c ) What six important items of stationery would a typist use in an office ?
25.(a) Outline five advantages of photocopying .
(b) Explain any five reasons to be considered when selecting a duplicating method in an office.
26. (a) Distinguish between money order and postal order bringing out three characteristics in each case.
(b) Explain any three postal services to ensure security of postal items.