SECTION A I
1. A record of what has taken place in a meeting is known as
2. In connection with cheques, the drawee is the
A. Endorsers bank
B. Payees bank
C. Drawers bank
D. Drawees bank.
3. In large organizations,the executibes travel arrangements is usually a work of a
A. Public Relations Officer
C. Personal secretary
4. The best means of sending exact copies of written communication
A. A telegram.
5. Carbon copies are produced using a method called
6. Which one of the following documents gives a brief history of an applicant?
B. Curriculum Vitae
7. A transt ladder on a file is used for
A. Indicating the officers to deal with the document.
B. Files requiring attention of more than one person.
D. Tracing outgoing files.
8. All discussion at a meeting should be directed through
A. An executive member
B. A director
C. The secretary
D. The chairperson.
9. Postage on outgoing mail may be shown using
A. Post scales.
B. Postage meter.
C. Franking machine.
D. Date stamp
10. Which one of the following would be filed under "K" in alphabetical system?
A. 26 Kenneth Avenue
B. Susan Kansiime.
C. F.R.K & sons Ltd.
D. Kenneth Mukasa-Kato.
SECTION A II
11. List three types of equipment for recording information in offices.
12. State any three pieces of information contained in an invoice.
13. Give three ways of looking for a job.
14. What information is recorded in an absent card with respect to filing?
15. Give three methods of sending money through the post office.
16. List three items of stationery used to correct errors on a master.
17. Mention three ways of withdrawing money from a bank account.
18. State three main duties of a typing pool supervisor.
19. Written messages can be sent fast over long distances by means of
20. State three reasons why a point of order is given in a meeting.
21. (a) Describe the steps involved in handling in-coming mail in an organization.
(b) Give one advantage and one disadvantage of each of the following postal services:
(i) Surface mail
(ii) Air mail,
(iv) Registered post,
(v) Post card.
22. (a) Name the five systems used in filing.
(b) Give any three reasons for filing.
(c)Distinguish between vertical and horizontal filing methods.
23. (a) Outline five duties of each of the following
(i) Office Messenger,
(b) State five routine functions of an office.
24. (a) What source of reference book would be used to get:
(i) The biography of prominent people in this world?
(ii) Names of judges and magistrates?
(iii) Parliamentary proceedings?
(iv) The location of Kampala city?
(v) Pronunciation of a word?
(vi) The appointment date?
(b) Give three pieces of information obtained from each of the following:
(i) Employment Bureaux
(iii) Secondary school.
25. (a) Explain any four points to be considered when preparing a telegram.
(b) Outline any four advantages and any three disadvantages of telephone communication.
26. (a) Explain the benefits of storing all files of a firm in one place.
(b) You are provided with the following names:
2000 Hotel Ltd,
Department of Tourism,
Kamuli Town Council.
(i) Re-arrange the above names for indexing.
(ii) Number the above written names in alphabetical order.