SECTION A: FIELDWORK
1. For any one fieldwork study you have carried out:
a) i) state the topic of the study,
ii) outline the objectives of the study.
b) Describe how any three of the following fieldwork techniques were used during the study:
ii) map orientation
c) Outline the problems faced when using the techniques in (b) above
d) How did the study help you to understand the geography of the area?
2. For any one fieldwork study you have carried out either as an individual or a group;
a) State the:
of the study.
b) What activities did you carry out in preparation for the fieldwork study?
c) Draw a sketch map of the area studied and on it, mark and name:
i) relief features
ii) land use types
d) Describe the relationship between relief and land use in the area studied.
SECTION B: UGANDA
3. a) Differentiate between mean annual temperature and annual range of temperature
b) Account for the variations in mean annual temperature in Uganda.
4. Examine the causes and effects of rapid population growth in Uganda.
5. To what extent have physical factors been responsible for the persistence of nomadic pastoralism in North-Eastern Uganda?
6. Assess the contribution of the mining sector to the development to Uganda.
7. Account for the development of manufacturing industries in Uganda.
8. Study the table below showing tourists’ arrivals in Uganda from other regions of the world (in 2012 and 2013) and answer the questions that follow.
Tourist Arrivals in 2012 and 2013
Adapted: Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities Sector Statistical Abstract, 2014. p23.
a) Draw a comparative bar graph to represent the information in the table above.
b) calculate the percentage change in tourists’ arrival from:
between 2012 and 2013
c) Explain the problems facing the Tourism sector in Uganda.