1. Study the map extract 1:50,000 (UGANDA) KIBANGA series Y732, part of sheet 71/4, Edition 3 –USD, and answer the questions which follow:
(a) (i)State the grid reference for Namalinda secondary trigonometrical station.
(ii)Name the physical feature found at grid reference 843120
(b) (i)What is the bearing of Kikusa church (grid reference 949262) feom Kikaja convent (grid reference 908189)?
(ii)Calculate in square kilometers the area covered by the lake (excluding the swamps) between Eastings 80 and 90 and Northings 10 and 22
(c) (i)Reduce the area between Eastings 80 and 95 and Northings 10 and 25 by 50%. Draw a sketchmap of the area and on it, mark and label:
(ii)What is the new scale of the reduced sketchmap in (c) (i) above?
(d)Giving evidence from the map extract, describe the relationship between relief and vegetation in the area.
2. Study the photograph provided below and answer the questions which follow
(a) Draw a landscape sketch of the area shown in the photograph and o it, mark and label:
(i) relief features
(b)Describe the relationship between relief and landuse in the area shown in the photograph.
(c) Explain the problems faced by the people living in the area shown in the photograph
(d)Giving reasons for your answer, suggest one area in East Africa where this photograph could have ben taken.
3. (a)Distinguish between lateral and vertical earth movements
(b)Examine the relevance of the platetectonic theory in the understanding of the present day distribution of oceans and landmasses
4. Account for the occurrence of large-scale masswasting in the highlighland areas of East Africa
5. (a)What is meant by river capture?
(b)With reference to specific examples explain the conditions which have led to river capture
6. With reference to specific examples from East Africa, describe the landforms produced by wave deposition.
7. (a)Distinguish between Equatorial and semi-desert climates
(b)Describe the factors which led to the occurrence of semi-desert climate in East Africa
8. (a)What Is meant by an air mass?
(b)Describe the weather conditions associated with the meeting of air masses over the East African region.
9. (a)Account for the destruction of natural vegetation in East Africa
(b)What measures are being taken to ensure sustainable use of netural vegetation in East Africa?
To what extent has relief influenced soil profile development in East Africa?
- Next >>