1. You have saved shs5,000,000 to expand your supermarket.
- Prepare a budget for the expansion of your supermarket.
- Write a job description for a sales supervisor.
- Prepare a cash receipt for a sales supervisor.
- Design a business card for promoting your business.
2. The following balances were obtained from NAMALWA's ledger Accounts as at 31st December, 2009. shs
Stock ( 1st January, 2009) 1,250,000
Stock(31st December, 2009) 1,500,000
Returns inwards 750,000
Returns outwards 45,000
Carriage on sales 95,000
Tools and equipment 3,500,000
Salaries and wages 875,000
Discount allowed 187,500
Commission received 122,500
Electricity bills 140,000
Cash at hand 60,000
Bank overdraft 465,000
Telephone expenses 180,000
- Extract a trial Balance from NAMALWA's Ledger Accounts.
- Prepare NAMALWA's Trading, Profit and Loss Account for the year ended 31st December, 2009.
- Calculate the Net Profit Margin.
3. You have decided to expand your Barkery to satify the existing market.
- Prepare a marketing plan for your business.
- Design a questionnaire for conducting a market survey.
- Design a poster to advertise your products.
- Prepare a purchase Order for raw materials for your business.
4. YAYA ENTERPRISES Ltd. had the following information about its assets and liabilities as at 30th June,2009:
Rent received outstanding 1,500,000
Stock (30th June, 2009) 22,500,000
Outstanding electricity 3,000,000
10 year loan 45,000,000
Cash in bank 31,000,000
Furniture and fittings 13,500,000
Interest received in advance 7,500,000
Equipment and tools 30,000,000
- Prepare a balance sheet as at 30th June, 2009
- Determine the:
i) Quick -assets ratio,
ii) Current ratio.
c.State the position of the business, given the ratios in b) (i) and (ii).