Choose one of the following topics and write a composition of 500 to 700 words.
1. Write a story with the following ending: "when I looked back at what happened to us, I couldn't believe that we had escaped."
2. A friend of yours was preparing to wed in an hour's time when he was told that his partner was HIV positive. Describe what happened next.
3. "The use of condoms for prevention of HIV/AIDS should be discouraged." Do you agree or not? Give reasons for your answer.
4. Write a story based on the saying "Patience pays."
5. Describe the natural features that make your area beautiful.
6. Imagine that you have been invited by UNEB t give suggestions on eliminating cheating in examinations. Write down your advice to UNEB.
7. How best can children who have been rescued from rebels be helped to fit into society again?
Each of your composition should be 250 to 300 words.
1. The Minister of Education and Sports has requested all secondary schools to carry out activities under the theme "Living positively with HIV/AIDS" on the world AIDS day. The whole school and the community around it will be invited and the Minister will be the guest of honour.
You have been nominated to make a speech on that day about the activities your school has done. Write the speech focusing on the following:
_ Music and drama
_ Forming an HIV/AIDS clubs
_ Visiting people living with HIV/AIDS
2. You have just joined Senior five in a new school and made a new friend. Write to your brother or sister describing the new friend.
3. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of using any two of the following means of transport in your home area:
_ a bicycle
_ a personal car
_ a commuter taxi
_ a bus
4. Describe a road traffic accident you once witnessed.
5. Imagine that you are preparing to stand for the post of a Head Prefect. What Steps would you take to ensure that you win the elections?
6. "Anyone below the age of 18 should not be allowed into night clubs." Write in support or rejection of this view.