MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) Explain the changes that you have experienced sine you joined secondary school.
b) What changes did Jesus bring into the world?
2. a) In what ways is work abused (misused) in Uganda today?
b) What Biblical teaching can help one to be a good worker?
3. a) Explain the importance of a beer party in traditional African society.
b) In what ways did the coming of Christianity improve on African leisure activities?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) What is true justice?
b) Outline the common injustices experienced by the youth and children in Uganda today.
5. a) How best should a Ugandan leader exercise his or her authority?
b) Giving examples from the Old Testament show how some leaders have misused their authority.
6. a) Give six cases of conflicting loyalties among senior four (S.4) students.
b) As a Christian, how can one overcome conflicting loyalties?
7. a) Explain the general understanding of a happy family today.
b)What helps a Christian to achieve true happiness?
8. a) Using the knowledge of traditional African religion, explain the connection between the living and the dead.
b) What is the Christian understanding of eternal life?
9. a) What did it mean to lead a successful life in the Old Testament?
b) Explain the Christian meaning of success.
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) Explain the factors which are responsible for the common conflicts in families in Uganda today.
b) Explain the importance of the' one man one wife' Christian teaching in a family.
11. a) Describe the inequalities that existed between men and women in traditional African society.
b) What does Christianity teach about equality of persons?
12. a) Why did traditional African society value polygamy?
b) Why does the Christian teaching disapprove of it?
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) Give evidence to show that traditional African believed in God
b) Explain the role of prayer in the daily life of a Christian.
14. a) Explain why our modern world seems to be less interested in religion.
b) How did the Israelites evade God in the Old Testament?
15. a) Give evidence of the church's participation in politics in Uganda today.
b) Why do some people discourage religious leaders from participating in politics?