MAN IN A CHANGING SOCEITY
1. a) Outline the changes which you have gone through since S.1.
b) What changes does Jesus Christ require of those who would like to be His followers?
2. a) Why has work become less enjoyable today?
b) What is the Old Testament teaching about work?
3. a) What leisure activities were condemned by St. Augustine?
b) Mention leisure activities of today which St. Augustine would condemn if he was here.
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) What was the attitude of Christians of the early church towards slavery?
b) Explain the steps which were taken by some Christians to try and overcome the evil of slavery in Africa.
5. a) Show ways in which the church gives witness through service in Uganda today.
b) What should be the characteristics of Christian leadership?
6. a) Give the ways in which African traditional loyalty created security for the community.
b) How do religious leaders in Ugandan express their loyalty to their country?
7. a) With examples, show the Old Testament understanding of happiness.
b) How does the Old Testament understanding of happiness differ from the Christian understanding of it?
8. a) Give similarities between traditional African and New Testament understanding of life after death.
b) From your knowledge of unending life, what message can you give to a young Christian who is suffering from an incurable disease like AIDS?
9. a) What shows that the Ugandan martyrs were successful Christians?
b) Give the difference between the present situation and Christian teaching about success.
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) Outline the advantages of having children in a traditional family.
b) How have modern ways of living changed people's attitudes towards having many children?
11. a) Using your knowledge of church history, explain the part women played in the church.
b) How does the teaching of the New Testament help to improve the position of women in Uganda today?
12. a) Why do some people fear Christian weddings today?
b) As a Christian, how would you help such people?
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) Mention the ways used by the traditional Africans to communicate with God.
b) Explain the attributes of God as found in the Old Testament.
14. a) In what ways do people in Uganda evade God?
b) According to the Old Testament, what religious practices led the Israelites away from God?
15. a) How has the church involved itself in the community affairs in Uganda today?
b) Explain the steps taken by the church to bring unity among Christians.