MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) How were young people in traditional African society prepared for change?
b) What changes does Jesus Christ require of people who accept the Gospel?
2. a) Explain the problems that are associated with work today.
b) What work did the monks and nuns in the Early church do in their days?
3. a) How can one use leisure time today for development?
b) Of what importance was the Sabbath day to the Israelites?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Who were the under-privileged in African traditional society?
b) Show how they were helped to fit in society.
5. a) How did Brother Toby Kizza of Uganda give his service in society?
b) What does Jesus teach about service?
6. a) How do Christians in your country show loyalty both to the church and the government?
b) In what ways did the Uganda Martyrs demonstrate their loyalty to Christ?
7. a) How did Christians in church History achieve happiness?
b) Why is it sometimes difficult for Christians to find happiness by following the "Beatitudes"? (Mathew 5:1-11).
8. 'The gift of unending life begins now but not after death.' Explain this statement in light of the :
a) African tradition,
b) New Testament.
9. a) How do people in Uganda today understand success in life?
b) In what ways does the New Testament teaching about success differ from that of modern society?
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) What problems has (HIV) AIDS created in our families today?
b) How has the church helped the families that are faced with AIDS to cope with the situation?
11. a) Give examples of misuse of sex in modern society.
b) As a Christian, what would you say about the sex evils?
12. a) Why do we have more marriages breakages today than in the past?
b) Explain the characteristics of a happy marriage,
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) Describe the qualities of God that are found in the Bible.
b) Explain how people seek for God through the church today.
14. a) What are the causes of some people's evasion of God in Uganda today?
b) With examples, show how people evaded God in the Old Testament.
15. a) Describe Christians involvement in the world in church history.
b) Explain the practical ways in which churches today have got actively involved in society.