MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) Give reasons why people move from rural areas to urban areas in Uganda.
b) What changes did Abraham experience when he was told to go to Canaan?
c) What lessons can we learn from Abraham's experience?
2. What were the characteristics of work in traditional African society?
b) In what ways does work in modern society differ from work in traditional African society?
3. ' Jesus used His leisure time appropriately'
a) Show how He did it.
b) Using Jesus' example, how should you as a student spend your Sunday?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Why is it necessary today to oppose injustice in society?
b) Give the New Testament teaching on justice.
5. a) Why are the following remembered in church history:
i. bishop shanahan
ii. Arthur shearly chips
iii. Rev. Ezekiel Apindi?
b) With examples from society today, show how difficult it is to achieve the Christian ideal of service and leadership.
6. a) Explain three types of loyalty shown by people in traditional African society.
b) How did Christians in the early church express their dual citizenship?
c) In what ways can young people today express their loyalty to God?
7. a) Give various ways in which the Monks shared their happiness with others.
b) What did Jesus teach about happiness?
8. a) Explain the traditional African view of life after death.
b) How can the New Testament teachings help a Christian to have hope in eternal life?
9. a) What do people consider as successful life in Uganda today?
b) What do we learn from Jesus' teaching on success?
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) What problems do families in Uganda face today?
b) How can the Bible help these families to solve these problems?
11. a) Explain how sex roles have changed today.
b)Draw examples from Bible to support the women liberation movement.
12. a) Outline problems that young people intending to marry face in their courtship.
b) How can the church help them to solve these problems?
MAN'S REPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) Explain the ways in which people are searching for God today.
b) What is Jesus' teaching about people's search for God?
14. a) Show the ways in which the Israelites turned away from God.
b) Why have some Christians turned away from God today?
15. a) Identity ways in which the Early church Christians showed concern for their community.
b) How do Christians (the church) today show their concern for the community they live in?