MAN IN A CHANGING WORLD
1. a) What are the common factors which force people in Uganda to leave their homes for other areas?
b) What problems do they normally face in these new areas?
c) Use your knowledge of change in the church history to advice on how they can face this change.
2. a) What can Christians in Uganda today learn about work in the story of:
i. Cain and Abel ,
ii. The tower of Babel?
b) What makes Jesus an example of a good worker?
3. The youth today seems to have a lot of time which they spend doing unproductive things.
a) Identify some of these unproductive activities
b) Show how such activities can be destructive to an individual and his society.
c) As a Christian suggests any useful leisure activities you would recommend to your close friends.
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Explain the meaning of the word justice.
b) Identify some of the injustices children suffer in your community today.
c) What Christian teachings can help in protecting children from injustices in society?
5. a) What weaknesses do modern African leaders display in their attempt to serve the people they lead?
b) How can the Old Testament teaching on serve the people better?
6. a) Giving events in both the old and new testaments, explain how God showed loyalty to the Jews all through their history.
b) How can Christians be loyal to Christ today in Uganda?
7. a) How did a man in African tradition find happiness within his homestead?
b) Which of the points you have mentioned above are no longer sources of happiness today?
8. a) What was the attitude to death among the traditional African people?
b) Show how faith in Jesus Christ helps Christians overcome the fear of death.
9. What pictures does:
a) The old testament
b) The new testament
Give of a successful person?
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) Explain how the problems of widows was solved in traditional Africa.
b) Describe the encounter Jesus had with a widow.
c) What lessons do Christians learn from the above encounter?
11. a) What was the status of women in traditional African society?
b) What are the steps being taken by both the state and the church to up lift the woman in Uganda?
12. a) Identify some of the reasons why many modern marriages tend to break up.
b) What is the church in Uganda doing in its attempt to marriages work?
c) Suggest two laws which the state could put in place to protect marriages.
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) What are the differences between the ways in which God revealed himself to people in traditional Africa and the Old Testament?
b) What is the meaning of the saying that "Christians are on a pilgrimage here on earth"?
14. a) Show how the practice of witch craft affected the lives of people in traditional Africa.
b) What factors make it difficult for Christians today to live true Christian lives.
15. a) Outline the New Testament teachings on Christian involvement in the world.
b) What problems do Christians face in their attempt to follow these teachings?