MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) Give five changes that the Uganda society is experiencing today.
b) How should Christians in Uganda react to such charges?
2. Mr. Karuiki is a good teacher but some of his students go to his house for private coaching in the evening for which they pay a fee.
a) What problems does this coaching raise for Mr. Karuiki and his students?
b) As a Christian what advice would you give to Mr. Kairuki and his students?
3. a) In what ways did traditional Africans spend their leisure time?
b) Compare these ways with the Christian ways of spending leisure time.
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Describe any two occasions in the Old Testament when the prophets were concerned about injustice.
b) Point out some ways in which the Christian church is involved in getting rid of oppression and exploitation in Uganda today.
5. a) What evidence is there in the New Testament to show that authority means service?
b) Show how traditional African leaders acted as servants of their people.
6. a) What was regarded as loyalty in the Old Testament?
b) What are some of the conflicts that Christians in Uganda today face in their attempt to remain loyal to the gospel?
7. a) Point out the occasions of happiness in African traditional society.
b) How do these occasions differ from the Christian occasions of happiness?
8. a) Outline the preparations a Christian should make to get ready for unending life.
b) Compare these preparations with those of a tradional African community known to you.
9. a) What does the Old Testament teach about success?
b) Outline the successes of the Christian church in Africa.
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) Give reasons why many families are breaking up today.
b) Explain some four Bible teachings that would help a family to live in mutual understanding and love today.
11. a) What reasons do women give for their liberation struggle?
b) Show what part the church has played in this struggle.
12. a) What evidence is the Bible to support the Christian teaching that monogamy is the ideal marriage?
b) How does the Christian ideal differ from the African view of an ideal marriage?
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) How did clement of Alexandria and st. Augustine of Hippo search for God?
b) Point out the ways people in Uganda search for God today.
14. a) What evidence is there to show that people are evading God in Uganda today?
b) What Christian teachings would help them to get committed?
15. a) Indicate how the early Christians demonstrated that they were a caring community.
b) How would a young secondary school leaver demonstrate that he is a caring Christians?