MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) Outline the changes which Abraham went through after his call.
b) What did Abraham learn from his experience?
c) Give three benefits the Christians can gain from Abraham's call.
2. The hardships of our time have made it very difficult for an individual to get money through purely proper means.
a) Give the different ways by which most people earn their living in Uganda today.
b) What advice would you give a faithful Christian to help him cope with life in such circumstances?
3. "St. Augustine disapproved of entertainment and leisure activities of his time.
a) Mention five of these activities.
b) From the Christian point of view, is the attitude of St. Augustine acceptable? Give reasons for your answer.
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) What kinds of oppression have developed I most African countries since independence?
b) In what ways can the gospel help to solve problems of oppression in Africa today?
5. a) From the Christian point of view, describe the qualities of a good leader.
b) Indicate the similarities and differences between these qualities and those of traditional Africa.
6. a) Giving examples, show how a Christian can be loyal to both the church and the state.
b) How did the Christian martyrs in Uganda express their loyalty to God?
7. a) Show how the disobedience of Adam and Eve brought about man's unhappiness.
b) What does Jesus teach in the Beatitudes (Mathew 5) about the nature of true happiness?
8. a) Giving examples, show how the church remembers those who died in the Christian faith.
b) Describe a traditional burial ceremony among your people giving reasons why certain rituals have to be performed.
9. a) Show how Jesus was successful in his mission by going through suffering and death on the cross.
b) What success did he achieve for His followers through the suffering and death on the cross?
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) What were the advantages of extended family life in traditional Africa?
b) Why is the practice dying out in modern family systems today?
c) Identify three church activities which can bring Christian families together today.
11. a) In what ways has the education system in Uganda tried to treat boys and girls equally?
b) Identify events from the Bible which show that man and woman are meant to be equal.
12. Many people today argue that it is better to remain single to avoid getting Aids.
a) From your knowledge of the Christian teaching on marriage, show whether the above statement is justified.
b) How was marriage protected in the Old Testament period?
c) Give three types of punishment given to people who commit adultery in year society today.
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) How did the traditional Africans show their belief in God?
b) In what ways does God manifest Himself in the Bible?
14. a) From your knowledge of the church history, show how Christians have at times turned to worshiping things other than God.
b) Are similar things happening in the church in Uganda today? Explain your answer.
15. a) Give examples to show now the church is involved in human attires in Uganda today.
b) What steps are Christian churches taking to bring about unity among Christians in Uganda today?