MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. Inflation has for many years in Uganda made civil servants' (employees') salaries difficult to live on.
a) How has this affected the behavior (morals) of the civil servants?
b) How would you advise Christian civil servants to behave in order to cope with this difficult economic situation?
2. a) How does the attitude of modern African people towards work differ from that of the traditional African society?
b) What does the New Testament teach us about work?
3. a) In what ways do most youths in Uganda like to spend their leisure time?
b) What problems are likely to come out of such ways for the youths?
c) How would you advise a Christian youth to spend his leisure time?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Give four examples of injustice common in our society today.
b) What is the role of rules and regulations in society?
5. a) What is the popular understanding of regulations in society?
b) How does this understanding differ from that of Jesus?
c) in what ways did Jesus practice what he taught about leadership?
6. a) What are these causes of disloyalty in the Ugandan society today?
b) As a Christian, explain the importance of loyalty in society.
c) Compare the Christian understanding of loyalty to that of a traditional African society you know.
7. "Some modern writers suggest that happiness is an impossible dream".
As a Christian, do you agree? Give reasons for your answer.
8. a) Give the similarities and differences between the Christian teaching and traditional African view on unending life.
b) How has the Christian belief in unending life been affected by modern changes in society today?
9. a) Compare the old testament understanding of success to that of the new testament.
b) Show how the Old Testament understanding of success is similar to or different from that of traditional Africans.
MAN AND WOMAN
10. What changes have taken place in the African family system?
11. "In traditional Africa men and women could not compete for the same occupation".
a) Why was this so?
b) How has the Christian teaching changed this situation?
12. a) What qualities did traditional African society look for in a wife?
b) Give the bible teaching on the qualities a wife should have.
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) Give an account of the life of St. Francis of Assisi.
b) Explain the significance of St. Francis' life for the Christian s of Uganda today.
14. a) Show the ways in which God revealed himself to the people of Israel in the old testament times.
b) Are these ways different from the ways God reveals himself to us today? Give reasons for your answer.
c) In what ways did God reveal himself to people in traditional Africa?
15. a) Give the ways which Christians in Uganda today can express their love for God.
b) What problems do they face in their effort to show this love?
c) What advice would you give them to overcome these problems?