MAN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
1. a) Explain how European scramble for Africa planted roots of African nationalism.
b) How did this nationalism affect the African attitude towards Christianity?
2. a) How did craft guilds help people to earn their living in the middle ages?
b) Comment on the issue of forced labor in Kenya.
c) What is the position of both old and new testaments on work?
3. a) Show the good things leisure can do for the society?
b) How did Jesus spend hi leisure time?
ORDER AND FREEDOM IN SOCIETY
4. a) Explain justice as understood in traditional Africa.
b) Show how African slave trade denied Africans their freedom.
5. a) Give the qualities of a good leader.
b) How did king David not live up to these qualities?
6. a) What services were offered by the Christian missionaries in east Africa?
b) How has the church extended these services today?
7. a) Give five points which the Old Testament teaches about happiness.
b) How was this happiness lost?
c) How does the life of Jesus Christ restore this happiness?
8. a) "To Africans the dead are not dead." Explain this statement.
b) What did the Israelites believe about the dead?
c) Explain the New Testament teaching on life after death.
9. a) What is the success of the church in Africa?
b) Why do many people feel that the church's involvement in politics has done much harm?
MAN AND WOMAN
10. a) Describe the traditional understanding of family in Africa.
b) State the changing patterns of family life in Africa today.
c) What is the New Testament teaching on family?
11. "The ancient middle east did not very much give thought to the individual person."
a) Give ways in which Israel differed from other cultures of the Middle East concerning the individual person.
b) State how Christian teaching has helped to improve the position of women in Africa.
12. a) "Marriage was highly regarded in ancient Israel." Explain this statement.
b) Describe marriage preparation in traditional Africa.
MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD THROUGH FAITH AND LOVE
13. a) What role does prayer play in the daily life of an African in traditional society?
b) How can African novels such as "The River Between" by Ngugi Wa Thiong'o help us to see how people are searching for God in modern Africa?
14. a) What is learnt from peter's speech on Pentecost day about the Apostle understands of God?
b) What are the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in the church today?
15. a) Give the ways in which Jesus' apostles committed themselves to Him after Pentecost.
b) How do Christians in Uganda today express their commitment to Jesus Christ?